Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After software update, lost ability to go full screen with app on phone

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
  • As the title suggest.. I noticed there has been a software update on our app. I just brought up my cameras and was clicking on widescreen and it won't do it.. the whole menu seems to have changed and going full screen has disappeared..

When viewing the camera screens on the app previously, there was a whole string of menu items along the bottom of the screen that you could choose from.. now there are just three.

I wouldn't have ever thought I'd have to take a screenshot of the original screens to prove what I'm talking about but it's too late now ...

4 REPLIES 4
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, I just looked again and the rest of the icons reappeared...glitch city...

Not going to consider the situation resolved just yet, though...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've seen other reports of this issue, the dev team is looking into this. Currently, you can clear your app cache to resolve the issue (i've tested this and it does work): https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/No-more-full-screen-on-Android/m-p/1888581#M78049

JamesC

Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to clear the cache several times and it doesn't work for me. I can no longer access full screen mode on my galaxy note 20 ultra anymore, but I can on my tablet and an older phone. What's the issue??  Update it did work after I logged out then cleared the cache, then logged back in.

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

To confirm the comment in the previous post, I tried the latter steps and it worked for me too!!

1) Log out of the app
2) Close the app
3) Go to Android "App" settings for Arlo Secure
4) Clear Cache
5) Log back into App 

This worked for me!! Full screen icon/mode has returned!! 🙂