Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After app update, one camera disconnected from network. Unable to reconnect.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
KDCline
Guide
Guide

Greetings,

After an Arlo app update to version 3.2.1_2 yesterday (04/28/2021), everything seemed normal until I disarmed my three  Arlo Essential Spotlight (VMC2030) cameras when I got home from work. When I armed the  cameras at bedtime, one of the cameras said that it was not connected to the internet. I went out and brought the camera inside to see if it needed to be closer to my wifi router. This changed nothing. There was no option in the app to restart that device. The only option was to remove the device. I did this, thinking that I would just re-connect the device by adding it back to the network. The Arlo app will now not find the device. I have tried twice to add the camera back to the same network as before, and that my other cameras are still connected to, using the "Add New Device" button on the app. The camera blinks as it should, it reads the QR code and chimes as expected, and then the app does not find the device and times out, giving me the option to try again. I am VERY certain that I am entering the SSID and password information correctly, as I am getting that data from my password manager and know for certain that it is correct. The camera that is not working had a 75% charge at the time that it disconnected from the network.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDCline
Guide
Guide

This issue is resolved for now. After resetting the camera twice, and four tries at adding the camera, the app finally recognized the camera and it is back on my network. This was a painful experience, and I have to say that this has undermined my confidence (again) in this system. For the camera to disconnect from the network with no apparent reason, and then for there to be so much difficulty getting reconnected is disheartening. The cameras and the app don't always play nicely together anyway, and unfortunately Arlo support seems to mostly boil down to reading the forum and FAQs, and then "sink or swim." Oh well. For the time being have have all three cameras back online. We'll see how it goes I guess.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDCline
Guide
Guide

This issue is resolved for now. After resetting the camera twice, and four tries at adding the camera, the app finally recognized the camera and it is back on my network. This was a painful experience, and I have to say that this has undermined my confidence (again) in this system. For the camera to disconnect from the network with no apparent reason, and then for there to be so much difficulty getting reconnected is disheartening. The cameras and the app don't always play nicely together anyway, and unfortunately Arlo support seems to mostly boil down to reading the forum and FAQs, and then "sink or swim." Oh well. For the time being have have all three cameras back online. We'll see how it goes I guess.