Confused about rolling storage without subscription

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnnyRamen
Follower
Follower

Sorry, model question is for VMC2030 but no option for that in model dropdown...

Looking to buy. But nowhere in the manual or on the site is it clear to me about the video recording options WITHOUT buying a plan. The website for Australia shows plan options. The 'no plan' first option has a "-" (dash) for everything but Live Video Streaming and Notifications. So... for Cloud Video History it has a dash. Does that mean there is not rolling stream recorded at all? Does that mean if i don't want a plan I need to get a base station and micro-SD or USB storage to attach if i just want either a continual rolling recording or it to record when movement etc occurs? Really confused, and frankly surprised in the manual and through a fair bit of searching I haven't yet discovered a nice clear doco or table describing ALL the options, not just the one trying to get me to purchase a plan.

Would really appreciate some community knowledge so I understand my options before buying if possible. I still may get a paid plan, but do want to be clear first.

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnnyRamen wrote:

But nowhere in the manual or on the site is it clear to me about the video recording options WITHOUT buying a plan. The website for Australia shows plan options. The 'no plan' first option has a "-" (dash) for everything but Live Video Streaming and Notifications. So... for Cloud Video History it has a dash. Does that mean there is not rolling stream recorded at all? 

The VMC2030 requires a paid subscription to get any cloud storage.  I'm not sure what you mean by "rolling stream".  But if you mean continuous recording, then that needs a CVR subscription for each camera (not the normal one) - and it also requires that the camera be AC powered.

@JohnnyRamen wrote:

Does that mean if i don't want a plan I need to get a base station and micro-SD or USB storage to attach

Correct.  And that won't get you continuous storage - just motion recordings

This isn't as easy to use (one limitation is you can't set it up to allow multiple family members access to the recordings from their phones).  And there are other benefits to the paid subscription - cloud activity zones and smart notifications being two of them.