Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Debilorraine
Guide
Guide

A few days ago one of my two wireless doorbells went offline and did not come back when I tried reseating the battery. I replaced it with a fresh battery but still offline. I ended up doing the factory reset, removing the device from the app, and it appeared successful (except for Checking for updates...fails every time). About this point, the ring of lights turn from white to red, and when I open the app and select the "new" device, it spins for 5-10 minutes before timing out and reporting the device OFFLINE. I took the battery out and let it sit overnight, to no avail. I've done the factory reset about a dozen times. I let it sit overnight with the battery in and it appears to have died overnight. I've restarted the router (which didn't seem necessary because my 5 other cameras are working). I've poured through the forums and can't turn up anything else to try. 

Short of something else I can try (besides ANOTHER factory reset) can these be sent in to be refurbished? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bring the doorbell closer to your router for testing to see if that makes a difference. Another possibility is to swap the doorbells around for testing. If your other cameras are connected via a hub, try connecting the doorbell to that. If still no good, use the app to go to Settings, Support and select your doorbell. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer.

Debilorraine
Guide
Guide

I worked with support over an hour today, trying all those tips again, and one more I hadn't tried yet - some sort of "hard" reset, pressing the doorbell button and the sync key for 30 seconds (no audible/visible confirmation that it did anything). I even tried a tip I saw that said to make my own QR code and same results. The end result is that in the app, the doorbell is not connected to a network. Before I can name the doorbell the ring of lights turn red. If I try just the step to "connect to a network," I don't even get as far as with the factory reset (it never finds the doorbell). I even added a special network to my router with only the 2.4 GHz band. I hope I can get an RMA number and have it refurbished

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Has support reached out to you regarding an RMA?