Actual clock time and date are incorrect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Catcallaghan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Beyond frustrated that I can't change the actual clock time and date on my systems.  My Time Zone is correct, Melbourne Australia. Consequently some days my video can't be viewed on my phone but can view them if I go onto my computer even though I know there has been movement outside. Tried going into Settings menu then it says select the option System - which doesn't exist on my settings menu.  Where for a start do I find this option and why can't I find it.  My arlo was working perfectly ok a month or so ago now and now this. Please I need someones help. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The system clock should normally be set to the time zone you’re equipment is located.

If the cameras connect via a base station you can access the setting if you look at the base station settings page from my devices page.

If the camera connects to the wifi directly (not via the base) then look for the setting on the camera settings page from the my devices page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
The system clock should normally be set to the time zone you’re equipment is located.

If the cameras connect via a base station you can access the setting if you look at the base station settings page from my devices page.

If the camera connects to the wifi directly (not via the base) then look for the setting on the camera settings page from the my devices page.
Catcallaghan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your advice, I am not tech savvy so it will take me a little time to understand etc. Also how do you find your device pages that you talk about. Thank you in advance.

Catcallaghan
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem hasn't been resolved at this stage - pushed the wrong button. My location is Australia not US.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Catcallaghan wrote:

Thank you for your advice, I am not tech savvy so it will take me a little time to understand etc. Also how do you find your device pages that you talk about. Thank you in advance.

From the app,

1. select settings (which should be on the bottom right)
  2. select my devices
  3. If you have a base, select the base.  Otherwise select the camera

You should now see an option to set the tme zone.

You can also do this from the browser (my.arlo.com) - the only difference is that settings is on the upper right.

Catcallaghan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update on my Time/Date issue couldn't get it right no matter what I did. Turned everything off from Home Base and deleted my App on my phone and reinstated back onto my phone - this has seemed to work and fingers crossed this has fixed my problem.  Early days but it seems to be doing what it is meant to do!!!  Thank you for your help.