Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Essential Camera, asking for FIRMWARE UPDATE

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LHremote12
Aspirant
Aspirant

My ARLO Essential Out door Camera stopped working asking  for a FIRMWARE UPDATE, 

I clicked on  "UPDATE"  in the App - a little white circle starts circling on the screen as it´s  searching for  WIFI 

and fails  time after time  .........?  HOW do I solve this  ?!   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the camera. That will usually initiate any pending updates.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the camera. That will usually initiate any pending updates.

LHremote12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you , REBOOTING did solve the problem, Camera asking for UPDATE of FIRMWARE ,

BUT - What /how do you do a REBOOT , it is done by disconnecting the Smart Hub Bas Station for at least 30 minutes. When reconnecting it after that,  the Hub Station sends updated signals to its camera. Ready.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera is connected directly to WiFi, there's a selection in the camera settings to restart. If connected to a hub, you need to reboot the hub itself rather than the camera. You can also accomplish that by power cycling the base but there's no need for a 30 minute period of being unplugged.

LHremote12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ,

I understand that staying unplugged 30 min is unnecessarily long, but 5 min or 10  or - my experiance is that unplugging units as a Reboot method for too short a period only results in the need of doing it again and again, 

... 30 minutes made it for me and I was happy I waited to only having to do it one time only.

The critisism I have is that this "method" ,  or the fact that this need for Reboot for receiving an update  in the first place,  is not informed about nor explained anyware from ARLO - only guessed it myself plus I did find support for it from internet.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remember that updates are done automatically overnight but also may be on a staged roll-out. Forcing the update to occur may be needed to cure a problem you're having but isn't always necessary.