Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 x Essential cameras not found on network - app - camera model no VMC2030

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Moonloops
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi folks, I've got two new cameras that will not connect via the mobile phone app (I tried apple and android). I have also tried the my.arlo.com app on my laptop. 

Background info:

• Wi-Fi network is 2.4ghz (5ghz is disabled).
  • The SSID and password are simple and do not contain any non-alpha characters.
  • WPA2 and AES is the only encryption.
  • I can see my phone/laptop and the camera on the network. The camera name on the network is VMC2030-A1029 and I can ping it.
  • 100% there is no application or protocol blocking/filtering.
  • I've done the factory reset on both cameras at least twice.
  • Tried this in two different buildings with different Wi-Fi networks - but all configured as above.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like you're in a business environment - is that true? Corporate IT may well be blocking access which means you'd have to talk to them to open access to arlo.com on ports 80, 123 and 443.

Moonloops
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply, I am the corporate IT 😀 , so I know nothing is being blocked.

I have full control of the Wi-Fi and firewall environments, and we don't block any outbound traffic.

The previous gen Arlo system was used in the small office without any issues (that system had a base station, though).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Take them home and see if they connect. If so, perhaps then back to work and change the WiFi in the camera settings.

Moonloops
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I was planning to try one at home so I will do that tonight.

Moonloops
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, so I took one of the cameras home and tried to connect it without using my existing hub.

I then connected it to the hub, the camera did a firmware update, and it now works in the office without the hub.

Problem solved.