Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 second recordings

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Rokho
Tutor
Tutor
I'm getting very short recordings, and when following the steps to set the recording length to a preset time e.g. 120 seconds, it doesn't save and defaults to stopping recording when it stops detecting motion. Is this a known app bug?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Rokho wrote:
I'm getting very short recordings, and when following the steps to set the recording length to a preset time e.g. 120 seconds, it doesn't save and defaults to stopping recording when it stops detecting motion. Is this a known app bug?

When adjust the recordings length are you hitting the "back" link and then the save button on that page? It may be easier on the web portal. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be easiest to reboot the phone and reinstall the app to see if that helps but you may need to remove (maybe also reset) and resync your doorbell.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Rokho wrote:

When adjust the recordings length are you hitting the "back" link and then the save button on that page? It may be easier on the web portal. 

Rokho
Tutor
Tutor
Ah I didn't see there are two save buttons in the process, thank you!
Rokho
Tutor
Tutor
This is happening again, short recordings but this time I definitely have the setting saved at 120 second recordings...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rokho,

This could be a symptom of limited internet bandwidth or poor signal strength. What are you download/upload speeds? What does the signal strength icon show for your camera?

JamesC

Rokho
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks I'll check that. That made me wonder whether this might be related to another issue I have. When my doorbell rings my WiFi (BT smart hub 2) knocks out temporarily on other devices. I'm thinking that might also be affecting the doorbell itself then losing connection midway through a recording.