Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why won't my camera show the available wifi when trying to set up??  I have 4 cameras on it but the 5th isn't showing.

Screenshot_20240410-152524.png

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try resetting the camera (including removing it from your account if it shows there):

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a new camera.   Never been set up on my account.   The other cameras I checked link up to my wifi, this one doesn't show any wifi

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jetgirl wrote:

It's a new camera.   Never been set up on my account.   The other cameras I checked link up to my wifi, this one doesn't show any wifi

How far away from the router is the camera?

I am wondering what you see if you just press the continue button???

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20240410-152524.png

 this is as far as I get no matter if I am right next to the router or in my driveway

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jetgirl wrote:

 this is as far as I get no matter if I am right next to the router or in my driveway

Pressing on the X (or on continue) doesn't work?

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing works.  It stays on that page.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jetgirl wrote:

Nothing works.  It stays on that page.

It could be a failed camera.  Did you try resetting it?  (hold down sync until the camera flashes amber - about 15 seconds).

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is a new camera.  Not on the account.  It will not set up or connect to wifi

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jetgirl wrote:

It is a new camera.  Not on the account.  It will not set up or connect to wifi

Did you try the reset I suggested?

SueKC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Essential outdoor camera, 2nd gen. I have older Arlo Pro cameras with batteries that you change out, and a base station for those. They work fine, but use up batteries.

I cannot connect the new camera to Wifi. The set up never gets to a point where it finds my Wifi to allow me to enter my wifi password. I have tried many times. I plan to return camera.

I have also tried to reset it, pushing the top button until it goes to amber. Nothing works.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera doesn't find the wifi - your phone is what does that.  Then after you select the wifi, the app sends the network info to the camera via a QR code.

Have you checked that 

1. the phone is connected to your home wifi
  2. that the app is allowed to use your wifi network?