VMC2030AerH8 Have cameras in two locations

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thanks478
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have cameras in two separate states but can only access the cameras in one location. How do I link the two so I can see cameras in both locations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thanks478 wrote:

Actually, I only have one Arlo account which is only showing the winter home cameras.

You could just add the summer cameras to your existing account.

Any new account you create would use the "Feed" interface.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thanks478 wrote:

I have cameras in two separate states but can only access the cameras in one location. How do I link the two so I can see cameras in both locations

Your post says VMC2030, which is the Essential Gen 1 camera - but you posted this in the Gen 2 camera section.

Can you confirm which model camera you have?

Also, do you see "Feed" in the app?  Or do you see "Library" instead?

Thanks478
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen B thanks for your reply. Sorry I am not that smart about this. Another person bought and installed so I am unsure about this. Summer home has lights, thermostat, and cameras while winter home has two cameras both VMC2030 so they are what you called Essential Gen I.  Does the type of camera affect my ability to combine both locations? That is really my main problem. Again, thank you for taking the time to help me. 🙂 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thanks478 wrote:

two cameras both VMC2030 so they are what you called Essential Gen I.  Does the type of camera affect my ability to combine both locations?

The options for combining both locations depends on whether you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" as menu options in the app, or whether you see "Library" instead.

If you had Gen 2 cameras, then you'd certainly have "Feed".  But you could have either with Gen 1.

Thanks478
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have "library" so what does that mean?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thanks478 wrote:

I have "library" so what does that mean?

If both your accounts show "Library", then the simplest approach is to share the cameras from one account to the other using the "Friend" account feature.  Instructions are here:

Enable "Access Rights" when you do this.

Open the invite email on a PC, and click on the "Create Account" link.  That will open your browser to my.arlo.com.  DON'T create a new account, just fully log into the account you want to receive the invite.  Complete the full two factor authentication process.

Thanks478
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that some relevant information which I have left out is necessary. The two Arlo systems are on separate networks; therefore, when I followed your excellent directions, only the cameras on our "winter" home network appeared by the person I clicked on and none of the "summer" home networks were there. Is this a "show stopper" or do  you have another solution for me?

Hoping so 🙂 - 478

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thanks478 wrote:

It appears that some relevant information which I have left out is necessary. The two Arlo systems are on separate networks; therefore, when I followed your excellent directions, only the cameras on our "winter" home network appeared by the person I clicked on and none of the "summer" home networks were there. Is this a "show stopper" or do  you have another solution for me?

I was thiinking you had two accounts (one at each location), and that you simply wanted to see the winter cameras from the summer account (and vice versa). Is that the case, or is there a third account somehow in the mix????

Assuming two accounts, then sharing the winter cameras from the winter account to the summer account will let you see all the cameras in the summer account.  You can also share the summer cameras to the winter account, and then you'd see all cameras from either account.

Thanks478
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, I only have one Arlo account which is only showing the winter home cameras. Could I create a new different account that shows the summer home cameras (since I am here now using this network) and then link the winter cameras to that new summer home account? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thanks478 wrote:

Actually, I only have one Arlo account which is only showing the winter home cameras.

You could just add the summer cameras to your existing account.

Any new account you create would use the "Feed" interface.

Thanks478
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your help has been greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience guiding me through what in the end was really quit easy when you explained it to me. I thought I had two separate accounts when as you pointed out I only had to add everything on to the one that was being displayed on my Arlo app.