New app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bkbaird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ordered three new outdoor essential cameras and I was made to upgrade to the new app. It is terrible. I have no control over individual cameras. I cannot schedule the individual cameras. I am very frustrated. Arlo! What have you done! I want my old app back, pronto

7 REPLIES 7
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can set the cameras up under the three different modes. This link should help you with getting those set up how you are wanting them. If you have any questions after going through these steps please reach back out. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

There is no way to go back to the old app. 

Bkbaird
Aspirant
Aspirant

the modes and automations DO NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure they do - I've been using them for a long time now, ever since the Pro 5 camera out which required the migration. This FAQ may be useful:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

It's a different way of doing things so treat it as if you just got the system (or a competitor's). Don't try to apply what you knew from before to configure things with the new process. It's not flawless but the basic functionality works fine.

Bkbaird
Aspirant
Aspirant

perhaps, you can enlighten me on where I am going wrong. Have time for a ZOOM call?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile I'm retired, I'm not official support. Use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see the phone number to call.

Reading the FAQs will provide a lot of information. Be sure you're reading the ones applicable to the new 4.x UI - there'a a link in each FAQ near the top that points you to the other FAQ if needed.

Otherwise, post screenshots of your modes, rules and schedule so we can see what you're trying to do and make suggestions.

Bkbaird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am retired. Not being "official" doesn't matter one whit to me. If you have some time to get on a zoom call, I can share my screen and we could talk it through. What else have you got on that you can't spare 30 minutes?

I have tried calling support a number of times and all they do is provide a link to the docs. I read the docs, i did as they say and they have not helped. There must be some fundamental piece I am missing. just can't find it. 

Bkbaird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am retired. Not being "official" doesn't matter one whit to me. If you have some time to get on a zoom call, I can share my screen and we could talk it through. What else have you got on that you can't spare 30 minutes?

I have tried calling support a number of times and all they do is provide a link to the docs. I read the docs, i did as they say and they have not helped. There must be some fundamental piece I am missing. just can't find it.