Love the camera hate the new app update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DHB2
Follower
Follower

I have a complete Arlo solution for my outdoors and indoor property. Love these things. However, since adding the new 2nd Gen cameras I was forced to update the Arlo App. Which is where me and the Mrs. disappointment started. 
I usually like App updates, however, with all the changes we somehow lost the ability to simply disarm a camera easily. 

When I know the wife and I are going to spend some time on the back deck for instance. I used to simply go in to Arlo App and disarm that camera. Took about 2 seconds. 

Now.,….I have no idea. I just disarm my entire property since there doesn’t seem to be an easy way. 

Why Arlo? Help me understand. 

Fix it please. 

2 REPLIES 2
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

There have been many complaints on here and elsewhere how user unfriendly the new interface is.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DHB2 wrote:

When I know the wife and I are going to spend some time on the back deck for instance. I used to simply go in to Arlo App and disarm that camera. Took about 2 seconds. 

Now.,….I have no idea. I just disarm my entire property since there doesn’t seem to be an easy way. 

Just go into the camera settings for the deck camera, and turn the camera off.  Then turn it on again when you back inside.

The only differences between disarm and off are

• the camera needs to be turned on again to livestream
  • the camera remains off until you turn it on again (while a disarmed camera will re-arm on a schedule or geofencing).