Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Roncrown
Follower
Follower

Hello all, just picked these up yesterday to replace the old first-generation Arlo cameras. Installed the newer App on my iPhone, purchased the secure Subscription, and all seems to be working on my phone.

Add the Wife, grant access, select the cameras, and switch on the access rights. Her Phone does not show the cameras.

Do I need to climb back up on the ladder, hit the button on the top of the cameras to flash blue, and pair her phone to each one of these cameras,  so she can use and monitor this system? Figure I'll ask before I pull out the ladder.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you’re partner is a granted user on your account they do not import the cameras to get them to show.

You and the granted users need to be using the same arlo app UI to have them work together.

To get your partner access to the cameras you can give her your login credentials to get by.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More specifically, since you had the older cameras, you likely had the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings. Installing these new cameras migrated you to the new UI that uses Feed for that purpose. Your wife, if you had shared with her previously, also had the old UI which is the root of the issue. Both users must use the same UI so, since you already migrated, she needs to migrate, too. To do this, she should choose to add a security system, Pro 5 or any of the new Essential 2 cameras, even though she doesn't have any of those to actually add.  The first step is to migrate the account after which she just backs out of the bogus install.

Once both accounts are using the new UI, she needs to click on Home and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets their own Home location so she needs to select yours. I suggest renaming Home to make it obvious which to choose.