Geofence stopped working with addition of new essentials outodoor cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stmpngrnd
Follower
Follower

Since adding these cameras to my old pro system with base station and upgrading the app, geofence has stopped working all together or sometimes only triggers one mode but very rarely it does anything.

can some post exactly what has to be enabled in the setup as the instructions skip that. They just show how to add an automation but lack any detail on the options where you enable/dissable modes and automations under each condition…it really makes little sence and I obviously need a 3yr old to explain it

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally, you need 2 automations for geofencing - one is for Arrive and the other for Leave. The Arrive one likely should be set for any user to come home and change the mode to Arm Home which only has rules for certain cameras. The Leave one should be set so that all users have left the house and sets the mode to Arm Away which already has rules for all cameras by default. Is that what you have?

Note that all users must be logged into the Arlo app for this to work properly. If even one user never opens the app they get logged out after 2 weeks which breaks GF since it thinks the user is always away.

DCrusher1
Guide
Guide

I’m having the same issue.    I added one essential indoor camera and had to upgrade the App once I did this geofence quit working.  So went back to automation and created routines for both leaving and arriving.   Well last night I finally got my wife’s moved over to the new UI App.     So that’s done now here’s the problem I’m having it sees me arrive and switches over to standby BUT when both of us have left it doesn’t switch to away mode.  In the Old UI App you use to be able to go to mode and geofencing and be able to see if someone phone is still at home or in the radius with a little green location arrow that was the way I knew my wife phone had been logged out and I would tell her to login and bingo it would arm the camera BUT I can’t find that anywhere to see if one of our phones is holding the away mode from activating.     Plus I still have my Sister -in - Laws to upgrade would she be holding it out from away/arrival mode if so how can I just turn her off until I get just me and my wife’s working right then I’ll add her back later. 

DCrusher1
Guide
Guide

K.  UPDATE once I managed to get all the old devices deleted I’ve had on Arlo since 2016.   Now remember this requires everybody to delete their own old devices once I deleted the 7 old devices for the users list.   I had everybody rename they’re device a specific name so we would know who's phone was who’s once that happened the Geofencing started working again.  Yippee!!!  So everything is good once again.