Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
hebronho
Follower
Follower

Hi, I can't find 2nd gen model for Essential Outdoor camera when I started setup (updated latest apps version). Understand that it's not released yet in Hong Kong for this model, hence it's the reason why I can't search it in apps.

1) Could you let me know the schedule when it will release and support in Hong Kong?

2) Any alternative way to pair it? For example, register a supported countries account and pair it (PS: I registered a US arlo account, and switched location as US, but still can't see this 2nd gen model in the list, any advise?)

43 REPLIES 43
YahiaSheta
Tutor
Tutor

We need a date when will this issue be fixed????

We paid alot of money for  useless cameras!!!

Is it in the plan to roll out to other regions???

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not have an ETA on when Arlo Essential 2nd generation products will be available for onboarding in all regions. Once I have more information to share, I will make an announcement here.

JamesC

YahiaSheta
Tutor
Tutor

Please treat this with importance as many people paid alot of money buying your products and it is useless till now.

YahiaSheta
Tutor
Tutor

We want to know if you are working on it with no expected ETA or you are still not decided if you will open them in all regions or not

hebronho_us
Guide
Guide

@JamesC We keep received this shxt reply many times! Enough!!!! We need a plan, Come on!!!

ATG_24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in the same situation. Essential 2nd gen outdoor is not in the app list yet. Waiting your news when it will be available??

linalaisla670
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live outside the US and I am now able to add 2nd gen cameras to my Arlo Secure account. My account was created in the US. 

To note about the latest software, though you have iOS app ver 4.11.1, you have to update the software internally. You can do so by going to add a new device > cameras > pro series > pro5s and do an internal software update to get the latest interface on iOS ver 4.11.1.

Up until yesterday, January 22nd, I was only able to see 1st Gen Essential cameras. As of this morning, January 23rd, I am able to add 2nd Gen Essential cameras. 

Hope this helps!

Arlo Essential Outdoor 2nd Gen Arlo Essential Indoor 2nd Gen 

linalaisla670
Aspirant
Aspirant

d162dc25-873a-4729-8ed2-9804911c6e38.jpeg

It was too good to be true. It was there and then it wasn’t. Arlo Support didn’t even have an answer for me. Hope it becomes available soon. Any updates from Jamesc ??

ATG_24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have solved the problem of not having the camera at the app list by creating an account at USA and reaching this account from my origin country. I have uninstalled the app and installed again and logged in with the new US created account. Then had the Essentials Outdoor 2nd Gen at the list of cameras. Initialized them with the App and they are working. Need to make the physical installation.

Hope this can help the others who has the same issue.

linalaisla670
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another update to the 2nd Gen Saga…I was able to add my 2nd Gen cameras on an Android device vs my iPhone. Not sure how to explain this, but that was the only way. Again, I live outside the US and have a US created account, but did not have the option to add 2nd Gen Essential cameras on my iOS device. Signed into my account on an android device and there it was. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@linalaisla670 wrote:

Again, I live outside the US and have a US created account, but did not have the option to add 2nd Gen Essential cameras on my iOS device. Signed into my account on an android device and there it was. 

1. Is the iPhone set up to use the US account credentials, or is it set up as a friend account?
  2. Did you have a VPN running on the iPhone when you tried to add the device?
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Exactly the same for me . I am a long term ARLO user and customer . I just got 2 x Arlo Essential 2nd generation and not able to pair with Hug or any other way. 

I got it from Best Buy 2024/01/17 .... and never knew can not be used outside US , otherwise would get Pro4 or Pro5 ... Outside the packing must be labeled ! ...ONLY FOR US MARKET !!!  Please update asap Help your customers ...otherwise it is not good.  

linalaisla670
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo account was set up using a VPN and is a US region account. 

When I added the 2nd gen cameras, I used an Android device WITHOUT a VPN and was successful. The option to add 2nd gen Essential cameras was not available on my iOS device even with the latest software update and user interface.

No VPN was used when I tried to add the 2nd gen cameras on my iPhone. With or without a VPN, I did not have the option to add the cameras on my iPhone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@linalaisla670 wrote:

When I added the 2nd gen cameras, I used an Android device WITHOUT a VPN and was successful.

Enabling the VPN at during onboarding will generally result in the onboarding failing.  So keeping the VPN off was the correct thing to do.

@linalaisla670 wrote:

No VPN was used when I tried to add the 2nd gen cameras on my iPhone. 

Which is right process.  Was the iPhone connected to your home wifi network?  Was BlueTooth turned on?

Philipp_Axt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @JamesC any update about this problem? I set up my Arlo account in Hawaii and now I'm in Chile. I can't add second-generation products from the app. I'm using the latest version of iOS.

YahiaSheta
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue trying yo setup Arlo 2nd generation cameras from Egypt 

I solved the problem by

1- Making a friend creating a new acount while in USA

2- He sent me the credentials

3- open the arlo app using the new account

4- setp up the cameras from Egypt 

Psydoc86
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in Panama but bought the 2nd generation Arlo Essential while in the USA earlier this year. I’m unable to onboard them to my existing system. The app does not show the option. When will the 2 generation be available in Panama or what do you suggest I do to get the installed. 

MiguelEstefania
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really don't understand how they can treat customers so badly. I bought my cameras through Amazon, I'm from Chile and nowhere did it say that they would only work in the USA. I feel cheated. If it is as simple as enabling the application for everyone.

YahiaSheta
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue...

If you know someone who lives in USA tell them to create an account from USA then continue your normal setup jn Chile using this account.

It worked for me