Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Demo for family, eventual purchase

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AW12
Follower
Follower

What I would like to do is take an Arlo Essential camera to my in laws to demonstrate the quality.  I have shown them videos from my home but I think it will have more impact if they see the width of angle at their own home.  I think if they like it, a total of 3 at their house, total four at my house.

They are older and don't have smart phones.

Question 1:  Since the Essential doesn't require a base, can I hook up the Essential to their network but with my account?   This way the bill will come to my wife and I.  

Question 2:  If the above is possible, can they view the camera via their computer as a guest on my account?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AW12 wrote:

Question 1:  Since the Essential doesn't require a base, can I hook up the Essential to their network but with my account?   This way the bill will come to my wife and I.  

Question 2:  If the above is possible, can they view the camera via their computer as a guest on my account?

Yes to both.

(2) would use the friend account feature.  Their account would have its own 2-factor authentication, which should be set up as email (since they have no smartphone).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation