Charging icons

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JoeFavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Newly installed gen 2 essential 2k camera installed. It’s hardwired and upon install the app icon showed green and charging.. it’s 100% charged  now,  the icon is no longer green but now grey.. and it does not have a lightning bolt showing charging.  I’m confused because my 1st gen hardwired cameras always have a green icon regardless of charge leve 

any thoughts would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JoeFavs,

If you have a solar panel or charging cable attached to the camera, that should keep the battery level topped off. If the battery is already at 100% charge, the battery indicator will not showing charging until they battery depletes and needs to resume charging.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoeFavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will a wired gen2 essential 2k camera stop charging to prolong battery use like the video doorbell

initially the green charging icon was illuminated but not its not

amy Insight would be greatly appreciated 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What device are you viewing on ... Apple or Android ?

Have you also checked on the web access ?    my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JoeFavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using  the apple app.. the gen 1 cameras have a green icon that remains on .. curious why gen 2 does not indicate the same.. wondering if it’s a battery saving thing.. 

IMG_2087.jpeg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JoeFavs,

If you have a solar panel or charging cable attached to the camera, that should keep the battery level topped off. If the battery is already at 100% charge, the battery indicator will not showing charging until they battery depletes and needs to resume charging.

JamesC

JoeFavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you community