Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can abandoned Arlo cameras be reused if I purchased a new base and registered for a new subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
david-lawson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have (4) arlo outdoor cameras with solar panels left by a previous owner. Can I buy a new base and register for arlo account and sync abandoned cameras to a new base?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@david-lawson wrote:

I have (4) arlo outdoor cameras with solar panels left by a previous owner. Can I buy a new base and register for arlo account and sync abandoned cameras to a new base?

Maybe.  It depends on whether the cameras were removed from the previous owner's account.

Some cameras don't require a base.  Do you know what model these cameras are?

If the camera opens, you can remove it from the housing and take out the battery to see the model.  If it doesn't, then there should be a faint model number printed around the gasket where the charging port is.  It can be hard to spot, as the contrast is low and the text is small.

david-lawson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will pull cameras down  and check model number. I wanted to check if it was even worth the hassle to get them to work. Sounds like unless the previous owner has released or removed the cameras from thier account the cameras are pretty much usless is this correct?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@david-lawson wrote:

I will pull cameras down  and check model number. I wanted to check if it was even worth the hassle to get them to work. Sounds like unless the previous owner has released or removed the cameras from thier account the cameras are pretty much usless is this correct?

That is correct.

Though if the previous owner still has them in their account, then they can still see video on your property.