Camera battery draining too fast

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, this is my second time with this same issue. This time with a different camera. I charge the camera, and the battery drains quickly even with no activity. Based on last experience I tested the battery by fully charging it and then facing the camera toward a wall for 24 hours. The camera lost 5% of the battery doing nothing in that 24 hours. Please advise if you have any other tips?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A signal strength/quality issue could be causing this. I assume when you faced the camera towards a wall you brought the camera closer to your router - is that correct? Are there any other wireless devices that also use the 2.4GHz band near the router or the camera? Do you have other cameras that would allow you to swap them around to see if the location is the issue?

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

The camera is still facing the wall, and it lost another 5% in 24 hrs. It is inside now, about 25 feet from my wireless beacon (yes, my guest network has got a 2.4 gh band to it). I can put it where my one other outdoor camera is, which gets much more activity than it's usual location behind my house, and see how fast it drains. I'll report back tomorrow.

Thank you,

Wendy 

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I moved the camera whose battery was draining too fast to a different location, swapping it with another camera. It is still losing 5% of battery life per day. 

Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support offers. It sounds like a faulty camera to me.