Arlo essential 2nd generation

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tim1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just unpacked my first essential 2nd generation camera and took one look at the supplied mount. By the look of it made the mount more secure BUT now there appears to be no method of adjusting the direction of the camera, making the mount almost useless.  Thoughts please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tim1234 wrote:

Just unpacked my first essential 2nd generation camera and took one look at the supplied mount. By the look of it made the mount more secure BUT now there appears to be no method of adjusting the direction of the camera

Athough it is stiff, you can adjust the camera direction.  It does take some force though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tim1234 wrote:

Just unpacked my first essential 2nd generation camera and took one look at the supplied mount. By the look of it made the mount more secure BUT now there appears to be no method of adjusting the direction of the camera

Athough it is stiff, you can adjust the camera direction.  It does take some force though.

Tim1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, that does work but there is a futher related problem. Cannot remove the camera for replacement or recharging so mounting the camera is a one shot! Reverting to generic mount. No choice

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tim1234 wrote:

Cannot remove the camera for replacement or recharging so mounting the camera is a one shot! 

Again, not the case.   If you look at the base, you'll see a triangle embossed on it.  When you slide the camera+mount in the direction of the triangle, it will detach from the wall.  (FYI, it's best to install the mount so the triangle is pointed upwards).

The other option for removal is to rotate the camera, which unscrews it from the mount.  Then it is easily detached from the wall. If you remove it this way, you do need a screwdriver to re-attach the camera.