Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won’t even turn on???

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Hannaross0
Tutor
Tutor
Just brought home , & it won’t even turn on?? It’s plugged in. Not happy .
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hannaross0 wrote:
Just brought home , & it won’t even turn on?? It’s plugged in. Not happy .

The LED on the front should briefly light up when you plug it in - you might have missed it, so maybe unplug it and look again.

You need to onboard it using either the app or https://my.arlo.com on a PC.  Information on the app is in the manual, it doesn't mention that you can also use your PC web browser.  Be careful to select the essential indoor camea option after you select "add device". https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arloessential/Arlo_Essential_Indoor_UM_US_1.pdf

One thing to be aware of - you will need a paid subscription for the camera to get cloud storage after the trial ends.

Hannaross0
Tutor
Tutor
Hey , I appreciate the response but after all night of it not responding to being plugged in I think it’s safe to assume this one just might be defective. Going to exchange later today
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hannaross0 wrote:
Hey , I appreciate the response but after all night of it not responding to being plugged in I think it’s safe to assume this one just might be defective. Going to exchange later today

Ok.  But if you didn't on-board it, it would act the way you describe.  The LED would briefly light , and then would go dark again until you on-boarded with the app or my.arlo.com.

Hannaross0
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve done that more times than I can count unfortunately , nothing happens . When I plug it in, theres no lights , no beeps , the privacy screen stays closed, there’s nothing on my phone, it just says to wait for the privacy screen to drop, but nothing happens. I’ve also tried using a different USB block, and a different outlet, but all of my outlets are fine and it doesn’t seem to be the block either . So asides from the issue maybe being the micro USB cable I can’t think of any other reason why it wouldn’t be working
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation