Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App can't locate new cameras after reading QR code when adding to current system. Others work well.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I installed 3 essential indoor wired cameras and the wired doorbell over a month ago and they have worked perfectly. Yesterday I tried to add 3 more cameras to the system but App can't find the cameras after they take the picture of the QR App code. I tried this several times with each camera and it just will not work. I even brought the cameras next to the Verizon Vios router but it didn't help. The original cameras and the doorbell all worked perfectly while I was doing this. I confirmed I was logged into the Wifi on my Apple phone and the signal looked to be full power. Because this is happening with all 3 new cameras its obviously not the cameras but the system. Not sure if I have to upgraded the subscription or what could be causing this problem. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try onboarding them via a PC browser ( https://my.arlo.com ).  Make sure you select the correct camera model when you go through add device.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation