Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won't Scan QR Code

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 8 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Xeraux
Initiate
Initiate

Absolutely won't scan QR code.  2.4GHz network, Network name and password are correct, I've tried it from my iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, enlarged it, shrank it, you name it, and each time it blinks blue, quits blinking, privacy shield engages, then... nothing.  

I've tried from a dozen different distances and brightnesses and nothing.  My Arlo Wired Doorbell set up in about 30 seconds.  This thing is beyond frustrating.  

Oh, and JamesC, DO NOT  insult me by posting a link to that same, ridiculously unhelpful article that the app sends you to and you link to over and over in spite of others telling you it doesn't work. 

This should not be this hard.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xeraux
Initiate
Initiate

Solved it.  

While following the app's instructions, you’re supposed to hold the sync button until the light blinks blue. Well, on the 1,227th try, my finger slipped off the sync button as I was attempting to hold it and I, essentially, just gave it a press. The camera gave an entirely different blink, it instantly recognized the QR code on my iPhone, and gave the chime.  I think what's happening is I and others are holding the sync button until it does a factory reset over and over.

If you're having trouble with getting the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera to sync, try a press of the sync button instead of a press and hold.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Xeraux
Initiate
Initiate

Solved it.  

While following the app's instructions, you’re supposed to hold the sync button until the light blinks blue. Well, on the 1,227th try, my finger slipped off the sync button as I was attempting to hold it and I, essentially, just gave it a press. The camera gave an entirely different blink, it instantly recognized the QR code on my iPhone, and gave the chime.  I think what's happening is I and others are holding the sync button until it does a factory reset over and over.

If you're having trouble with getting the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera to sync, try a press of the sync button instead of a press and hold.  

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 8 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation