Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ron4784
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already have two Arlo Pro 2 cameras and a hub. I do not have a subscription plan.

I purchased a few days ago an Arlo Essential Indoor Camera VMC2040B. They offered 30-day free trial of Arlo Secure. However, I get a message that if I don't take the subscription my cameras now will not work.

I am perfectly happy with the 7 days of viewing I currently have and will probably return the Essential indoor camera if I'. fored to sign up for something that isn't free, and I don't need. The Two Arlo Pro 2 cameras with 7 day video was fine I thought I could just add an additional one.

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You can add another pro2 camera if able to find one, you are allowed up to 5 of these without subscription.

It would have been better for arlo to have at least a day free cloud storage for the newer cameras. Even if they included the cloud storage fee in the original purchase price which you probably thought you were paying for.

Ron4784
Aspirant
Aspirant

So they start out saying you get 30 days free Arlo Secure but they don't even tell you anywhere how much the cost is after 30 days. I like to know the costs up front. I think I'll be returning the camera tomorrow. Thanks for the information. I'm also not happy that I couldn't even talk to a person about questions I had with set up on a new camera because I didn't have a I don't know what they call it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation