Using Siren on Arlo Indoor Essentials Camera with Arlo Secure

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Secure app (with Feed interface) on my iPhone and iPad, two Indoor Essentials cameras and an outdoor camera.  I am trying to activate the siren on ONE of the Indoor Essentials.  Following the instructions, I see NO siren icon on the Devices (or Dashboard) page.  On the Emergency page, I can see Activate Siren but it only gives the name of the base station (I think) and does not let me select among the cameras.  I can see the the sirens are enabled on all three devices in Settings.  Please help me understand what I’m doing wrong.  (Maybe this is another weird thing like having to turn the iPad to Portrait mode to return to the Feed after viewing a video you DON’T want to delete.)

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you just need to enable it in the modes and rules for the camera. You would typically already have recording enabled so use "Add an Action" to enable the siren.

TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank  you for your reply.  On the iPhone app I only have Dashboard, Feed, Emergency,  Devices, and Routines.  Under Routines I have Modes (Arm, Disarm. Standby) and Automations (Schedules).  Under Devices / <the camera> "cogwheel", I have on/off, connected to <station>, video, night vision, audio, activity zones, default modes (including siren length and volume settings, and support (non-relevant readings).  Where is the "Add an Action" that I need, please?

TMW949
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that if I go into Live View on the specific device I see a red icon that i can use to activate that device’s siren. I have to go to the Emergency page to turn it off. Is that the way it’s SUPPOSED to work?  
It doesn’t correspond to the online documentation. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In Routines, select a mode to edit. Click on the camera of interest to edit the rule and then Add An Action. Have you tried that?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation