Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
timberweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

We've had an Arlo Q for years and an Arlo Essential Indoor for a little over a month.

It seems in some ways the old discontinued Arlo Q is superior to the Arlo Essential Indoor.

These are:

-The video is clearer.

-Using the speaker on the camera is more reliable.  (The Arlo Essential sounds better. Also the Arlo Essential allows better two way communication.  On the Arlo Q you have to be clicking the button to speak, which turns off your speaker.  Then you have to click on your speaker to hear if there was a response. However, the audio on the Arlo Q usually works whereas the audio on the Arlo Essential often does not.)

From what I've learned, the Arlo Q is able to use the 5ghz network while the newer Arlo Essential is limited to the 2.4 ghz network.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

timberweasel,

What does the signal strength icon show for your Essential Indoor camera? The symptoms you describe could indicate interference or poor signal strength.

JamesC

timberweasel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response, JamesC.

The Signal Strength Icons for both phones show three bars.  Which I believe indicates full strength.

Is there something that provides more detail on the Signal Strength, 

John

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@timberweasel wrote:

The Signal Strength Icons for both phones show three bars.  Which I believe indicates full strength.

Is there something that provides more detail on the Signal Strength, 

If the essential indoor is connected to your home wifi, you can use whatever tools you have on your phone (or laptop) when you are at the camera location.

If you still have the Q in service, it might be helpful if you could take snapshots with both cameras side-by-side.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation