Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
richgoward1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot connect a new Wired essentials camera to my VMB4000 base station. However it is connected to my home wifi. I have 3 other Pro 2 cameras connected to the base station. When I request an Amazon Echo Show to display the new essentials camera, it does not show. I surmise it is because the new essentials camera is not on my base station but on the wifi. All my other Pro 2 cameras can display on the echo show and they are all connected to the base station, not my wifi network directly. I have tried many times to get the essentials cam connecting to the base station, but no go. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try and onboard the camera via the web browser. Right after selecting the Indoor essential camera to begin the install, the 3rd step will ask if you want to pair via the base station or directly to your router. Can you try this and let me know how it goes.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the compatibility list:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

If you connected the camera to your WiFi, you have to remove it from your account and connect to the base.

richgoward1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The compatibility list has been checked and confirmed as compatible. I have removed the cam many times from the wifi and attempted to connect to the base station. It never comes up as connecting to the base station. It only continues to connect to my wifi. Is there supposed to be a selection to connect to base station or wifi? If so I am not getting that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
richgoward1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did not work either. I know it was reset as it asked if to name it. That means it was a clean join. When connecting the camera, am I supposed to get a choice if I want to connect to Arlo or the wifi? If so I am not getting that choice. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base up to date on firmware? If so, maybe @JamesC or @ShayneS may have ideas.

I suppose diconnecting the base from any integrations may help although I have no experience with that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, make sure you are selecting the correct model - Essential for the camera w/o the spotlight, Essential Spotlight for the camera with the spotlight.

richgoward1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

The firmware is up to date. on the base station.

It is at  1.20.4.1 4214 d606780

I am selecting the correct model of the essentials camera. It is an indoor model.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try and onboard the camera via the web browser. Right after selecting the Indoor essential camera to begin the install, the 3rd step will ask if you want to pair via the base station or directly to your router. Can you try this and let me know how it goes.

Thanks 

richgoward1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Successful when using the web browser. 

All is working perfectly now.

I really appreciate all your assistance and helping me finally get it connected to the base station.

Thank you very much!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation