Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Factory Reset when Essential Indoor Camera button held longer than 15 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LenStarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased indoor camera in 2022. Said it was compatible with my hub. Didn't catch that it was only compatible for a trial period and you would have to buy a subscription. Decided to purchase the subscription and add it to the hub again. Went through the process; it powered up (one blue light and then turned off), but it would not sync or factory reset (no flashing blue light). I tried to get Arlo support. They would not help because I didn't have a subscription. Tried to add a subscription, but it would only present the two outdoor cameras and not allow me to select a new camera. So chat or calling support is out of the question. This is the part I hate about Arlo, the company is so unwilling to speak to customers and puts up roadblocks, that their 'never allow customers to talk to us' attitude prevents them from gaining market share. So I'm asking you sufferers of Arlo support, how can I get past this catch 22 and add this stupid $99 camera to my base? Signed, Easy Go Lucky 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LenStarnes wrote:

Decided to purchase the subscription and add it to the hub again.

fwiw, there was no reason to remove it from the hub/add it back - all you needed to do was purchase the subscription.

Your older cameras will also need a subscription soon.

@LenStarnes wrote:

but it would not sync or factory reset (no flashing blue light). 

How long did you hold down the sync button?

LenStarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

As the title stated, longer than 15 seconds. I've tried more than a dozen times.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LenStarnes wrote:

As the title stated, longer than 15 seconds. I've tried more than a dozen times.

No flashing amber either?

LenStarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, what does that mean if the amber light doesn’t flash either?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LenStarnes wrote:

No, what does that mean if the amber light doesn’t flash either?

Most of the cameras will flash amber when you reset them (before they flash blue).  Not 100% sure on the indoor camera - it's been a long time since I needed to reset my Essential Indoor.

You could try removing power for a bit, and then try the reset procedure again.  Though it is possible that the camera has failed.

LenStarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Powered off overnight, power on got a blue light, eye opened, sync’s, never got a picture for 13 minutes, moving within 6 feet made no difference. Clicked continue, it let me add the camera and name it. Added camera to subscription, still no video. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LenStarnes wrote:

Powered off overnight, power on got a blue light, eye opened, sync’s, never got a picture for 13 minutes, moving within 6 feet made no difference. Clicked continue, it let me add the camera and name it. Added camera to subscription, still no video. 

Can you live stream the camera?

If so, have you double-checked that it is armed?

LenStarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what happened to my reply from yesterday, so repeating today. I cannot live stream. This morning something new happened. Moved the camera from 6ft on the left of the base to 6ft on the right side. After powering up, the blue light came on shortly, I clicked the sync button on the camera and the base, camera blue light blinked for a while and then it stopped, and then amber light blinked a few times. Still no video. However, I did note that the firmware updated. Yesterday, the website showed there was an update and now it shows it is up to date. Seems like we are taking baby steps and are almost there. The subscription is in place, but I'm not getting anything out of it yet.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation