Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera stopped working suddenly so I tried to restart it with the app, now it says offline, was it a mistake to restart it with the app?

I am at work so I cant tinker with it, but I just got it and already its been having issues not recording.
22 REPLIES 22
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power-cycling it when you get home.

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is power cycling? And my phone say it is connected to wifi and on but I cant access its live feed.

It just loads forever.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
What is power cycling?

Unplug the power, and then reconnect it after a few seconds.

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just seems to be working really poorly now, barely records anything and when it does its about 2 seconds before it cuts out.

It says it is connected to wifi but how can I be sure? Is there an icon? There is a wifi icon but its not lit up, is it supposed to be?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
It just seems to be working really poorly now, barely records anything and when it does its about 2 seconds before it cuts out.

It says it is connected to wifi but how can I be sure? 

If it's recording anything at all, then it is connected to wifi.

You could try a factory reset.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's showing a red light what does that mean?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
It's showing a red light what does that mean?

Do you mean the status LED (to the right of the lens as you face the camera)?

It should be either amber or blue - solid amber does mean an internet connectivity issue has occurred.

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is a blue light up top and then a red light below it. It is not amber, its solid red.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
There is a blue light up top and then a red light below it. 

That might be the IR spotlight (used for nightvision).  Is the camera in a dark location?

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
No
Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Like I just came home and it hasnt recorded any movement, and multiple ppl came and went from that door, first few days it worked perfect and now it just isnt working at all.

I cant even access live feed. It just loads forever.

I want this to be a worthwhile purchase but it has been so overwhelmingly shotty and its just a few days old.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the factory reset I suggested earlier?

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, it says operation failed when I try to so stuff with it now, it wouldnt even use the shield on command.

I cant even watch live feed.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
Yes, it says operation failed 

What operation failed?  The livestream?

Note this was a different suggestion from the power cycling.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed the camera and set it up again, that article says its factory reset.

And when I tried to watch live footage or even test the shield or something on the camera, would say operation failed.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
I removed the camera and set it up again, that article says its factory reset.

Your camera has a sync button, so you need to use the second set of instructions (holding down sync for 15 seconds... ).

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did that, otherwise I couldnt have tried to use it again.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
I did that, otherwise I couldnt have tried to use it again.

Just checking, as you can remove/re-add the camera without doing the hardware reset (holding down sync until the camera flashes amber).

It is possible that something has gone wrong with your camera hardware.  So it might be time to contact Arlo support.

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera never blinked amber during the factory reset, but I fully removed it, added it back and reconnected to wifi.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
My camera never blinked amber during the factory reset, 

Then try the procedure again, and hold the sync down until you see it blink amber.

Nemmy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried this many times now and the amber color will not appear, I removed and reset up the device multiple times, it still has issues.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nemmy wrote:
I tried this many times now and the amber color will not appear, I removed and reset up the device multiple times, it still has issues.

You might need help from Arlo support.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation