Arlo Spotlight Essential Bricked

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MLP_
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, my 2Y old Arlo Spotlight Essential went offline and since then it is bricked.
Up to last time I connected on it (1-2 days before it went offline) all was good battery was at  ~70%-80% (usually a battery lasts 5-6 months).
After I went offline I tried to plug it into a charger, the blue light blinked a few times and then stopped. Next I tried to reset it by pressing the button more than 15s. Orange light went on for a  few seconds and then off.
Since then the camera is bricked and does not give any sign of life. Button does not work and even when plugging into a charger the blue light does not start blinking. Tried also to leave it in a charger (12W) for a while but nothing.
Do you have any idea what I could try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MLP_  Please reach out to support for further assistance. You can find support from the app, within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ select a device and then the behavior you are seeing. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you reset the camera you must always remove the camera from your account. You can then reinstall the camera into your system as if new.

MLP_
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I wish I could do that. The problem is that the camera at current stage does not react, neither when I press the button nor when I plug it into a charger.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MLP_  Please reach out to support for further assistance. You can find support from the app, within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ select a device and then the behavior you are seeing. 

MLP_
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. Just got a replacement camera.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation