Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
wolfeeric54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased an essential 2nd gen indoor camera. The firmware upgrade failed about halfway through. Nowtthe camera is not functioning at all. Suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wolfeeric54,

Try factory resetting the device and then go through the onboarding steps again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

You can find steps to reset here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062560/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera

JamesC

wolfeeric54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't reset it. Nothing happens when I press the pairing button.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wolfeeric54,

Are you following the instructions linked above? You must press and hold the sync button for at least 15 seconds.

JamesC

dlbpnw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a 2nd Gen Essential Indoor Camera (VMC3060) to complement my existing system  of 6 cameras, a doorbell, and hub. During setup, the app (updated) recognizes the new camera, starts the pairing process and then:

1) The camera's LED blinks 7 times then stops. 

2) The set-up bar on the app gets half way and then stops.

3) I get a failure to sync with Error Code:0

I have an eero wifi mesh. I have set it to 2.4 for set up to no avail. I have factory reset camera to no avail. I have tried joining guest network to no avail. I have tried joining my Comcast router directly and avoiding the eero, no avail. I have cellular data turned off on my phone, no avail...

What am I missing? Please help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some user experiencing issues onboarding new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

dowajo
Aspirant
Aspirant

2nd gen essential outdoor camera to add my existing system of 4 cameras, a doorbell, and a hub.

I also have and Eero mes

1) The camera's RED LED flashes then stops. 

2) The set-up bar on the app gets half way and then stops.

3) I get a failure to sync with Error Code:0

No other Arlo device I ever installed has given me problems during install, they just work. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

wolfeeric54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I eventually pressed and held the sync button for 2 minutes.  There was no signs of life.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wolfeeric54,

I encourage you to reach out to support to further investigate the issue. You can find support by logging in to your Arlo app and navigating to Settings > Support to open a ticket.

JamesC

donny1964
Aspirant
Aspirant

i bought 3 Arlo indoor VMC3060

new, straight out of the sealed boxes

the boxes were in mint condition too, no dents

i added 2 to my account

i updated firmware on the same 2

but the third 3060 refused to update

this i find very poor

especially from such a large corporation....

not good enough.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

donny1964,

When you say it refused to update are you seeing an error message? You might try removing the camera and re-onboarding again to see if you still see the same behavior. Follow the instructions here to reset the camera after you've remove it from the Arlo app: https://kb.arlo.com/000062560/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation