Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential spotlight camera not connecting to the app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CesarSant2000
Initiate
Initiate

Camera shows in my network but the app can not find them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Merc1
Initiate
Initiate

I'm using the iOS App. Here's the mistake I was making for over an hour before I realized my mistake.
1. Logging into app required my username and password to my ARLO  account..
2. Then going through the steps to Add New Device +
3. After choosing the correct camera, the app then asks for my WiFi password. For close to an hour I was mistakenly entering my ACCOUNT password, instead of my WiFi password. While entering the wrong password there was no indication in the Arlo app that I'd entered the wrong password. It just continued trying to connect to the camera. What I finally noticed was the camera only blinked blue 3-4 times then quickly gave 3 amber blinks, which was indicating the camera was shutting down. I thought, why isn't it searching for a longer period? Then I realized it wasn't searching very long because it wasn't actually connected to my network. So, DOUBLE-CHECK that you're using the appropriate passwords.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the reset procedure found in the FAQ in the support section here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Try ensuring your phone is connected to your 2.4GHz band.

CesarSant2000
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried resetting the cameras. I have checked my WiFi band, it is only 2.4Ghz. I have tried to connect with 2 Samsung phones, with an Iphone, with my laptop. And nothing. When I check my wifi device list the cameras are there. But the app couldn't find them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're using a VPN, disconnect it. Otherwise, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions.

Merc1
Initiate
Initiate

I'm using the iOS App. Here's the mistake I was making for over an hour before I realized my mistake.
1. Logging into app required my username and password to my ARLO  account..
2. Then going through the steps to Add New Device +
3. After choosing the correct camera, the app then asks for my WiFi password. For close to an hour I was mistakenly entering my ACCOUNT password, instead of my WiFi password. While entering the wrong password there was no indication in the Arlo app that I'd entered the wrong password. It just continued trying to connect to the camera. What I finally noticed was the camera only blinked blue 3-4 times then quickly gave 3 amber blinks, which was indicating the camera was shutting down. I thought, why isn't it searching for a longer period? Then I realized it wasn't searching very long because it wasn't actually connected to my network. So, DOUBLE-CHECK that you're using the appropriate passwords.

Hookedonfroneks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I never usually comment on anything, but you are a lifesaver! I have been struggling with this for over an hour thinking it was network issues. Nope, just was entering in my account password instead of my wifi password. They should put a side note in there or something. Needless to say, thank you!