Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Longer recording times?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
amy_lynn1121
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I set my essential and spot light essential outdoor cameras to record longer? The clips are very short and i can't find where to change the record time length settings. please help.
3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

In you Mode then Rules each camera. You can set until motion stops or for up to 120 seconds. 

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

jaward11
Aspirant
Aspirant

My essential will not record to the thumb drive on the base station or show clips in the app.  The other older Arlo cams show the clips in the app.  I dont have cloud recording.  The Essential cam DOES generated notifications but will not record a clip to thumb drive.  I have already disconnected it and reconnected it.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jaward11 wrote:

My essential will not record to the thumb drive on the base station or show clips in the app.  The other older Arlo cams show the clips in the app.  I dont have cloud recording.  The Essential cam DOES generated notifications but will not record a clip to thumb drive.  I have already disconnected it and reconnected it.

For Local storage on you Thumb Drive on the 4000 base you listed you must eject it the drive and view it in a computer, you can only see Local recordings in the App on the Smart Hubs. 

You are seeing Cloud recordings in the app for the older ones as they still have 7 day cloud storage. For Essential you need a subscription for cloud recordings to see clips in the App. 

How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?