Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
Fabiennenelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Some people said amazon was blocking reviews but I was able to post a review yesterday. Everyone please try to do a negative review referencing the sound issue. That will get their attention!
emilyl
Aspirant
Aspirant
1)if you purchased on amazon i recommend reaching out to customer support. If your return window has closed they do make exceptions and allow later returns in certain circumstances.

2) I was planning to purchase a nest to replace arlo - but I do love the active listening feature on arlo. Does anyone know of another camera that offers that?

Thanks !
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
Cocoon Cam has active listening. I confirmed that w their tech support because there site doesn’t specifically say that.
I-hate-arlo
Tutor
Tutor
I complained to the better business bureau- this is a device paRents rely on. This is a device that is constantly freezing, has glitches sound issues - and customer service that doesn’t provide assistance.
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where.  Is.  The.  Update...?

I could not be more disappointed with this completely inept response to a problem of your own making.  Arlo Baby was already an unstable platform with a plethroa of errors, but I worked through those - including fruitlessly spending time on the phone with Level 2 support to correct HomeKit connectivity issues - to help the product limp along.  Now that the basic functionality of the monitor is broken with only promises of a fix, I am completely disatisfied with my experience.

The activity level of this thread is a testament to what a debacle this has become.  The forum was a ghost town before this new version of the app was released.  At this point, right thing for Arlo to do would be to issue refunds for Baby customers.  The device is a complete failure in a space where consumers expect promises to be kept in order to ensure the safety of our little ones.  We should have seen this coming when the dedicated display was abruptly canned.  This thing has been half-baked from the very start, an irresponsible money grab in the lucrative baby space.  Problem here for Arlo is that you've been exposed as frauds.

I want to buy a Cocoon cam and move on, but the fact that I spent close to $200 on this unstable paper weight is infuriating. 

mikey71413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its ridiculous that this issue has not been fixed, the work around using the HomeKit only works part of the time, last night the camera stopped multiple times. We paid over $200 for a reliable baby monitor and we are not getting on. The monitor is basically useless now.

dhpeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I don't "hate" Arlo, I am quite surprised on how long it's take to fix this.

CJSAS
Aspirant
Aspirant
We paid $400 over a year ago for this camera.....
Jbigo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need this app to be fixed now or this hunk of junk goes back tomorrow!!!
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
The update to iOS has been released in the App Store! Go get it!
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
Got it - thx for the heads up!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the most recent version of the Arlo Mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version available from the app store. For more information, take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.1 -25th October 2018

JamesC

Michaelgt
Guide
Guide
I don’t think it has, just updated and no change....active listening isn’t working....
Psomaggi
Guide
Guide

OK, that seems to fix the audio issue (at least at first glance). But can someone explain what hallucinagenic drugs the UI team were on when they came up with that head with wi-fi coming out of it to represent constant background audio?!? Not only is it non-intuitive as to what it might represent, but when it has an X behind the head, that means monitoring is ON, while when sound or wifi beams or... whatever they are are eminating from the rear of the head, it means background audio is OFF?

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pixelation is back over WiFi. The Ui doesn’t fit the new IPhone X screen (notch cuts off icons), and by new I mean the 13 month old iPhone X. (And newer iPhone XS/R). Amateur hour.
PWvB
Initiate
Initiate
Amateurs. Nightmare baby monitor. $200 for baby monitor. $100 for the Android I had to buy.

This company should not produce baby monitors.
abristowsims
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you’re having trouble with the live sound, turn off the head on the right hand side (I’m assuming it’s the microphone)
Ehadchiti
Initiate
Initiate
Can confirm that the latest update has now fixed the issue.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
My iPhone now has sound but my iPad still doesn’t have any sound and I’ve confirmed I’ve updated

Other cameras (Arlo Pro) have sound and HomeKit has sound.
Scott1986
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this been released in the Australian AppStore? I can only get 2.6.0 which is the previous horrible update.

Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
I installed app 2.6.1 to my iOS/iPhone.
Always listening symbol is still gone.
Please correct it.
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
I installed app 2.6.1 to my iOS/iPhone.
Always listening symbol is still gone.
Please correct it.
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
The release fixed the two issues I had:
1. No sound on Apple devices unless WiFi was off
2. No active listening - aka no sound when app minimized and/or device locked.
Both are working now.
tim_f
Initiate
Initiate

I've found they have changed the always listening icon to a head, however it appears to be backwards.

If it shows the head with waves coming out of it, the sound turns off switching the app but if you change it to the head with an X next to it the sound stays on.  Doesn't make sense at all but does work.