Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
We use our iPad on WiFi only as well.
JAndST
Guide
Guide
There’s a post that says the new version with a fix is up on the App Store. I’m trying to get clarification as to whether or not this version will automatically update on our units.
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
This works but only while the app is open.
Active listening still doesn’t work.
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
This will get active listening back:
1. Log out of and close the arlo app
2. Disconnect from WiFi
3. Reopen app - log back in
4. Reconnect to WiFi
5. Go back to the app and you should have sound
6. Click the “head-WiFi” icon on the lower right corner of screen (it will turn to a head with an X icon)
7. minimize the app or lock your phone active listening will be on and you will still have sound.
JAndST
Guide
Guide
Nope.
That work around doesn’t work.
I tried those steps three times.
I get audio on my LTE but not WiFi

Come on developers you can do better

Annoying for many reasons including the fact that the WiFi router is also a Netgear product.

Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
Bummer. It’s working for my att network.
Ndkallbreier
Tutor
Tutor
I tried that last night it cut off after about 10 mins
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
Ok well so much fir that work around 😬🙁
Puttepastell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same incredible stupid problem. With one update they have rendered their product useless. Idiots.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all!

Thank you for your patience, I know it can be frustrating and feel like an eternity between updates from us. Sometimes it takes us a while to get a more specific ETA as we know it is more helpful if we can have a pretty specific answer instead of "we're working on it" ad naseum. Our dev and QA teams have been working around the clock to get this fix pushed to production. We have submitted an update to Apple as of Sunday evening 10/21/18 (all changes to store apps have to go through an approval process with Apple), and are currently awaiting word back. In the past, this process has taken at least 24 hours, sometimes several days. Once we hear back from Apple, we can push this out to you guys. We'll make sure to post an announcement and update the threads here once we have the green light. Again, thank you for your patience, and know that we do hear you. 

Ext66
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for keeping us updated. Just one point to think about: as far as I know you can push an „downgrade“ with no need for apple approval as they already approvedthe old version. In that way we will be able to use our cameras and not have to wait for a very long time for a fix. 

Again many thanks for doing your best to provide us with a functioning reliable app.

Plamena
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo sound doesnt work and this is highly frustrating!!! Are they planning on solving this issue?
SVW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo, please fix the issue or have someone respond to this chain. The main point of having a baby monitor is being able to HEAR the baby and responding if needed. We can't be glued to our phones to watch what is happening. At the very least, this is annoying to parents. At the very worst, it can be dangerous if we can't respond to a baby in distress. Please fix this immediately.

*I run the Arlo app from my Apple iPhone X.

BBuckley
Aspirant
Aspirant

My galaxy S9 is working, however, my ipad (which is what I want to use), no longer has audio and has some new symbol with a head and sound waves behind it.  

Psomaggi
Guide
Guide
As mentioned above, an immediate downgrade could and should have been issued - the 4 days between the new firmware being released and the app being updated represented the first time in 8 months this thing actually worked to an acceptable level. Roll it back, leave it there, keep your devs well away from it, fire your testers. Sorted.
Mham
Aspirant
Aspirant
So glad it’s not just me. Same issue, no sound with baby Arlo when live in the app. Hope they fix soon!
Yodarth
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem for me. Do something Netgear.
DevinWired
Initiate
Initiate
For some reason the most recent app update on iphone 7 plus precents audio from working in app so we can't listen to our baby..
Cappieeverafter
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I am streaming video on my phone I can’t hear any audio. I can see but not hear my baby. Help!
Hsteele
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please roll back the old app until you all get the bugs out of the beta.
officialuseonly
Guide
Guide
Same! Following. Frustrated! My wife avoided updating her Arlo App because I warned her about the issue. Too late...stupid Auto-Update. So our iPad Mini / Baby Monitor is worthless for the sound now.

We removed the baby cam, linked it up, still the same issue. I just fixed my other issue with the “Getting Information” bs with the base station. What a crock of **bleep** this is even an issue. Does no one QA these patches and updates? I work in a tech industry position and would get fired if I allowed a major bug like this to kill a major feature in an already expensive camera.

Btw...you can’t even list the Arlo Baby in the Model section??? Who runs this board.
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Netgear
Is there any status or update coming to fix the problem with the release?
birderlarry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  Will you be reaching out to folks by email or will an App update be released and information just be posted on this forum?

Thanks again,

Larry

chartier
Tutor
Tutor

same for me!  Started after this most recent firmware update.  Used to work fine.  

ariannasdaycare
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am so livid at Arlo right now. As many of you know, Arlo did an upgrade last week and ever since there is no audio. I called Arlo at 6:45 yesterday. I was told I would get a call back and I asked that I get a call back by 12PST. No one called. I sent a 2nd email and as of today I still dont have a return call. I sent a 3rd email and called again. I'm being told their won't be a fix until "sometime this week" I'm going to warn other parents and grandparents not to buy the Arlo baby camera. It's a great camera when it's working but when it's not they can't fix it and don't have answers as to why they can't go back to the old version until they can.