Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
Psomaggi
Guide
Guide

How about this as a crazy idea guys - while you try to sort the bug out, you release the previous version back to the app store so we can actually use our baby monitor as... I don't know, a baby monitor?

Michcrichards
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here!!!
Sally28
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, the Arlo baby App must have updated on my iPhone 8 over night and now there is no sound coming through it. Anyone else having this trouble?
It is 6 months old and was working fine I think the old App.
bagelboss
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you open the app and login while DISCONNECTED from your home Wi-Fi, the sound will work. You can then RECONNECT to Wi-Fi and the sound will continue to play.

Hope that helps some parents overnight until a fix is in place.
Jdcarney82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Luckily my IPad was not set to auto update/download for apps, so I am able to use my it to get by.

Wanted to pass this along in case it can help someone else out.

Thanks Arlo.
Kelli90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. Were you able to fix it?
Joselyn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought this for baby coming in November. The two way feature is not working. I have made sure that the app and my iPhone are up to date. Please help
Joselyn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, so it was user error! It’s workong now, but that microphone button is so small. Doesn’t look like the video I saw on you tube
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
Couldn’t agree with you more. For such a “sophisticated” system, it doesn’t work as it should. Very unreliable and we have no sound for a baby monitor! How can they release an update with such a flaw? Another fail for Arlo.
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
Agreed! Come on Arlo!!! We expect better than this.
Bethbhouston
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems like if you turn off WiFi the audio works. Obviously not a long term solution since it eats your data but quick fix for now. Since you know it’s bedtime and we all don’t have baby monitors now... also the full screen display is messed up. Really terrible update
Jcrojas127
Initiate
Initiate
This last week has been the worst. A couple of nights the app has stopped working and now it has no sound. We need to fix it as soon as possible. This is unacceptable
Kirbyjazz
Initiate
Initiate
Same. After the app update no audio through the monitor. The monitor is rendered useless. Very concerning they dropped the ball on QA this hard with a child safety related product.
emilyl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everyone should write reviews where they purchased the device so others don’t purchase. I need a second camera for my babies’ room
And now I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to support arlo but I already paid for arlo baby. Help !
Kirbyjazz
Initiate
Initiate
We’re luckily to have an old spare. Going to be hard to recommend this product to friends after a snafu like this. If they don’t patch within the next day I will probably switch products just out of lack of confidence.
farmersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Besides the absolutely ridiculous problem of the audio not working unless you go onto 4g, has anyone worked out how to run the audio continuously in the background? Or do we literally need to have our phones unlocked, running the Arlo app, the entire time we want to use it as a baby monitor?

Talbot983
Initiate
Initiate

Audio still doesn't worked while unlocked and in fullscreen for me lol. there is zero audio from baby arlo.

Jesmith6
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app automatically updated last night and now there is no sound. How am I supposed to monitor my baby upstairs if I cannot hear her? The whole point of a baby monitor is the sound. How and when is this going to be fixed? No sound renders this product useless and considering g how much it cost, this shouldn’t be an issue.
Missile1998
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue with Arlo Baby. No sound in iOS app update. Please fix ASAP!
BD89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, since the update last noght I have no sound.  Very annoyed, how can I hear my baby cry at night without sound?!?!?!

Satori101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. WiFi-only iPad running iOS 12. No sound after updating the app. 

This is just unbelivably shoddy QA. This is a critical piece of gear that all of us parents depend on, and you break arguably the most critical feature of your product, rendering it near useless. Netgear needs to fix this ASAP. 

BD89
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac wrote:

need to know which APP...IOS or Android

Issue is with IOS

Dawgzn99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Audio works as soon as you turn off WIFI. Unbelievable **bleep** up on Netgear Testing team. Well, that’s assuming they have one.
Krebsisthebest
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just updated to V 2.6.0 no live sound on phone or iPad. FIX ASAP! This defeats the purpose of a baby monitor you jag offs! FIX ASAP!!
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
Ridiculous! Do they want to pay our data bills as a result? Come on Netgear! This is a crucial feature for a baby monitor!