Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using Arlo Baby with Arlo Q or Pro2?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HungHsi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I'm hoping to get some recommendation on the Arlo camera.

My main reason for looking into a camera is for nursery, to monitor my new born. However I would also like to add a camera or two into the loop for security reasons.

Here are the questions I have:
1.Can Arlo Baby used with ArloQ or Arlo Pro2?
2. For ArloQ or Pro2, what happens when Wifi is cut off? Is there onboard recording storage?
3. Does netgear offer a dedicated monitor(screen)? or must I use a smart device to view the footage/image?

I would like to place the Arlo Baby in the Nursary, one of the Pro2/Q at my apartment entrence hall and the other at the backdoor. All have access to wifi network. But I'm just wondering what's the backup if wifi does become  unstable, will I still have security footage?

Regards, 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) All Arlo cameras are managed by the same app so adding and mixing and matching is fine.

2) If WiFi dies, the Q would stop recording. The Q+ has the ability to use a microSD card so no WiFi would still allow recordings (it also supports Ethernet connections so WiFi wouldn't be an issue). The Pro 2 would be able to keep recording if you use a USB drive on the base since your WiFi is separate from that used by the wireless cameras. In both cases (Pro 2 and Q+), you have to eject the card/drive to be able to view any videos on a computer.

3) Right now there's no dedicated monitor. You can use an inexpensive tablet in its place. The Amazon Fire HD 8 has been suggested. ALso, it depends on what you expect to monitor since only the Baby will keep on streaming live without timeouts.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, they will all appear in the same web page or app...  keep in mind the Q and Baby hook into your wifi directly while the Arlo Pro2 hook into the base unit only

2) the Q Plus can use a mem card like the Pro2 base ( usb speedstick ) for backup of files when the interent is dropped ( must be setup prior to loss ). The Q camera does not offer this option

3) No...they had planned to but later dropped this as tablets ( like the Kindle Fire (new version)) were cheap enough it prob didn't pay... apps work on android and iOS and web directly

4) Pro/Pro2/Q Plus record to the cloud and the mem card/usb drive port( as a backup only) at same time.  To view these file you must remove the storage device and place into computer to see mp4 files. If internet drops it will still continue to record ( but will not backfill to the claoud )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation