Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ATAJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get "The device failed to connect. Please try again." error message, on Android App and also on the my.arlo.com web interface at least once a day. Yes, recycling the power on the camera makes it work again but this is so frustrating. I don't have such a problem on my other two Arlo Pro2 cameras. My router is literally 5 feet away from the camera and have an excellent WiFi coverage and high speed internet on the home. Arlo, please do something this this totally defeats the purpose of having the camera in the first place.

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ATAJ,

If you constantly get the error even after power cycling your Arlo Baby, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

ATAJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, as recommended I contacted support and opened a case (case # 41582688). None of the suggestions there made sense. Again, there is no wall between my router and arlo baby camera .. they are at arms length reach. I have only 4 devices on the router. My Arlo Pro cameras are on the same router and have no issues on them at all. I strongly believe the issue is either on the camera itself or the back-end service for the camera. Anyways, to update my ticket with my responses, I clicked on the 'update case' link in the email and only to get error message that says "There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support" . I turned to the chat service, I waited my turn from a queue of 10 people, I got my turn and chatted with a support person with my responses, then the support personnel asked me to wait for him 4 minutes while he sees my case, I waited and then the chat window ended the session because of no activity ..  so frustrating .. I went to the chat window back again and I have to wait my turn out of 10 people again ... I can't do this again ... ARLO, you could do better. Sorry to say it, but this is one of the worst support experience I had. Sad!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your case since you're unable to update.

Seigmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue as described with the baby camera fails to connect and has to be powered off/on several times each day. I've also eliminated other cause like wifi signal, number of devices, walls, etc. I've had the baby camera for over 1 year and it's been like this the whole time.

Is there any common solution that can be shared on this, or a software update comming soon that would fix it?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Seigmann,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue even if you had your Arlo Baby for over a year. You'll find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

njakobs
Aspirant
Aspirant
This response is so poor it wants to make me cry.

Please fix the issue your software had caused.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation