Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Monitor - not charging and connecting to wifi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NayB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Feeling really frustrated with our Arlo Baby. Purchased in August 2018, in the last week or so it stopped connecting to the internet, have tried numerous times to get it connected to our wifi, following the QR code set up, with no luck. 

On top of this, it now looks like it has stopped charging all together, initially an amber light would come on for a few seconds, but now when we plug it in (To the original Arlo Baby charging cord) the amber light won't turn on. We've tried a number of power outlets around the home but none seem to make a difference.

Does anyone have any idea on what I could try to solve this? 

Also, can't seem to track down what the warranty is for this - is it 1 year, or 2 year? Seems pretty poor for it to stop working in less than 2 years, its a pretty pricey baby monitor.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
NayB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update - i have tried another charging cord, amber light came on for about 5 secs, then turned off. Now when I take out, and plug in the charger, I don't get an amber light, but when I press the music symbol on the side, it plays music so it must be charging, but not displaying the amber light??

I have tried to connect the camera to the Arlo app 20+ times, using the QR set up, the arlo chimes, but then it comes up with 'No Arlo devices found'. Any suggestions of what I can do? I have tried the factory reset, doesn't seem to make a difference. Have also tried turning off the 5 GHz band on my wifi (saw this as a solution on another thread) which unfortunately hasn't worked for me. 

Can't believe how many hours I've spent trying to get this sorted over the last week.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NayB

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation