Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RodolfoPortugal
Tutor
Tutor
why do not I see the sensors that exist in the arlo baby, such as motion sensor, temperature sensor and air quality sensor ?? and why not ask for a switch to the light of the arlo
10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RodolfoPortugal,

The motion sensitivity settings, temperature and air quality features can all be accessed within the Arlo interface. For more information on this, take a look at the following articles:

How do I view Arlo Baby's air sensor data or history?

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

RodolfoPortugal
Tutor
Tutor

I know this, but as for the home app, how will they interact with other homekits devices, using sensors to program automation in the home app ???

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RodolfoPortugal,

Take a look here for more information on what you can do with the Arlo - Homekit integration: What HomeKit features are available for Arlo Baby in the Apple Home app?

JamesC

AOB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t think the question is what can we do, I think the question is why are the sensors unavailable, and more importantly perhaps, will they be? There is a lot of great HomeKit functionality we get from having the sensors be available there that is otherwise artificially limited. 

RodolfoPortugal
Tutor
Tutor
exactly, perfect !!!
kelix
Guide
Guide

I really cant wait until the arlo team add the sensors to homekit, the fact it wasnt from launch is disapointing. Im hoping they appear soon. 

kelix
Guide
Guide

fire sure, these should be added, it would make the Arlo baby a cut above the rest. 

tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor
The Arlo team is actively working on adding air sensor data and light control for Arlo Baby to the Home app. We’re getting close with development but testing will take a while since Apple is very thorough with their test requirements, as you can expect. Please stay tuned! We’ll post an announcement when the firmware with these enhancements become available.
kelix
Guide
Guide

any chance we can get beta access? there are a few of us who are happy to test to provide feedback 

tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor
Sure thing! We can definitely put you guys on our field trial before release. Please email us at arlobaby@netgear.com and we’ll reach out when ready.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation