Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Cgrasse
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I just got Samsung s10 and s10+. We both have the same issue where, when we try to talk through the app our voices are very soft coming out of the monitor.

We did not have this issue with our previous phones. I still have my s7 and when I use the it the volume from the monitor is perfect.

Does anyones know if there is a setting I'm missing, or any other other way to resolve this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Cgrasse

If you happen to talk close up to the mic on your phone, does the volume become louder on your camera? What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you currently using?

Cgrasse
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for being late getting back to you, newborn keeps me busy.

The volume is slightly liuder, but still nothing like the volume when talking withmy older s7. I'm using the latest version of the app from the play store. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded the app numerous times.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cgrasse

I believe this has something to do with the different audio gain with the individual devices. To test this, if you use a headset, is the volume as you would expect it to be or still low?

Basque
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue wear with my S10 when I talk through the app it comes out as a squeak on the cameras have not figured out a solution yet did anyone else come up with anything?
Cgrasse
Aspirant
Aspirant
No solution here. Using a headset does work, but it's not a workable solution. It more than likely has something to do with our phone's noise canceling.
Basque
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply! What headsets have you had success with allowing proper mic volume?
Karver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem and just spent two hours chatting and on the phone with Arlo Support with no resolution. My wife and I both have S10s and neither can communicate to the camera, other than so faintly it's unintelligible. The volume on our phones and the camera speaker are set at max. We can hear from the camera on our phones just fine and the IPad works in both directions. This must be an issue with the S10 microphone and plugging in a headset or starting the IPad every time we want to communicate really aren't viable solutions for us. Any other thoughts on making the S10 work?

Entregan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the problem with the mic too low and not being able to two-way through the camera on an S10+ too.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation