Record settings randomly disappear

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bbrannon4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve got two Arlo Baby’s and have noticed that on both of them, the audio and video record settings just turn off. I go back and turn them on to have motion and audio triggered alerts, and then to record a video (which works fine most of the time). It then I’ll notice that one or the other has t been saving videos and when I go into the settings, they have been turned off. Anyone else have this issue?  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that those settings can be found both in the device motion and audio settings, and in the Mode settings? And they don’t seem to be linked. Even still I’ve made sure they are on and consistent in both places but still have this issue. I’d guess it happens once or twice a month. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bbrannon4,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or are you using a custom mode?

JamesC

bbrannon4
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like ‘armed’ is only an option on the Arlo base station for my other two cameras (exterior arlo pros, which don’t seem to have this problem).  Though I believe the setting for the Arli Baby’s is also the default, but it’s called ‘monitoring on’. 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@bbrannon4 

Yes, we have several Arlo Babys, and some of the settings seem to change themselves constantly as well. Things like Auto Livestreaming keeps turning itself back on. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions or helpful hints. Just confirming what you are experiencing. Our cameras aren't on all the time, so when we do use them, I just keep double-checking the settings and changing them back. It's a pain....

They also have weird clicking noises on the video recordings and live views, and the the video  recordings and live views often have "noise" on the bottom of the picture. Arlo Babys had cool features included in the design, but the implementation was really buggy....

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation