Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Amber light, can’t reset

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Godawgs23
Follower
Follower

Purchased my arlo baby monitor about 1.5 years ago.

Yesterday we lost connectivity and the camera shows a solid amber light.

I tried power cycling it and tried factory reset. It won’t let me factory reset. Held to down for >10 seconds but the Amber ligjt persists.

Looked up other message boards and can’t find a solution. Has anyone found a way to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been happening for a while now in the threads... and as you know there seems to be no fix.

I do think it has more to do with a camera failure like a surge.

But just in case,

Unplug for at least ten mins

plug in

hold reset for at least ten secs ( led will flash )

go thru setup if you get this far.

good luck

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

Just came across these postings about problems with resetting Arlo Babys. So, I'll post my experience here in case people come with similar issues. 

A couple months ago, some of our Arlo Babys wouldn't connect. No idea why.  I found it really difficult to get the reset buttons to work. What I remember is that I kept trying over and over again with various paperclips. Watched a couple YouTube videos to see if I was missing something obvious. Even when I thought I was pressing down on the reset button correctly, apparently I wasn't because it didn't work. In the end, I had to try several times to get each of the cameras to reset, trying to press down at different angles. And I had to press down for much longer that 10 seconds. Probably closer to 30 seconds, possibly longer. I held it down and changed angles each time until the light changed color. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation