Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

So disappointed in the Arlo Baby. Periodic black screen on S9, surface book, ipad you name it. Buffers for a min plus at times. Always listening times out. This is all on a rock solid fiber gig network with eero networking. The #1 requirement of a baby monitor is reliability. All of the fancy bells and whistles mean nothing if the product cannot perform a simple video/audio monitoring function consistently 99% of the time.

I have invested heavily in multiple Arlo Pro cameras that are glitchy as well but mostly functional. The Arlo baby though is cleary not ready for primetime!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been made available that should help with the issues being discussed here. Take a look at these firmware release notes and make sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest version: Arlo Baby - 1.8.5.3_21226- 17th October 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

njfoses,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this topic.

JamesC

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. Replied to PM

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

James, still waiting on your response via private message. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

njfoses,

I've sent a PM with more information. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

JamesC

Ally25_TO
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue constantly. Were you able to get this resolved?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ally25_TO,

The engineering team is investigating this issue and working on a resolution. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Berghallen
Initiate
Initiate
Got the same problem, have been woken up many nights hearing my son screaming and the soundfeed has shutdown.. And to many times the streaming have not work when we wanna check on him.
redfoxit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Baby is rubbush!

Continious blank screens and/or drop-outs.

Great when working (85% the time).

No customer support worth dealing with.

No firmware available.

Money wasted!

NEVER NETGEAR AGAIN!

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

aswell as my pixelation issues this has no become more frequent for me also, this product sucks £140.00 down the drain

attached a pic, i get this on all devices currently.  funny enough closing and reopening the app updates the pic while buffering and then back to black again.

fquenneh
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem for me (there seems to be quite a number of people complaining about this)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been made available that should help with the issues being discussed here. Take a look at these firmware release notes and make sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest version: Arlo Baby - 1.8.5.3_21226- 17th October 2018

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation