Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice
All of a sudden my arlo baby live view turned off with a message that says “This device is inactive. A paid subscription is required to activate this device. I have another Arlo baby that is working fine and a doorbell that is on a paid trial. Any ideas why all of a sudden arlo wants me to pay a monthly fee for this arlo baby just to view my child sleeping?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless your using option with the camera ( like smart, or over 5 cams ) then NO, there should not be an issue;

No subscription

If you have an Arlo Pro 2, Pro, Go, Wire-Free, Q, Q Plus, or Baby camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras.

Arlo Ultra, Pro 3, and Video Doorbell come with a free Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you can still add up to 5 cameras to your Arlo account, live stream, and receive motion and audio notifications.

Number of cameras supported

Maximum cloud recording resolution

Person, Vehicle, Animal, and Package Detection

Smoke/CO Alarm Detection

Cloud Activity Zones

Rich push notifications

Live Streaming

eE911

No Subscription – Arlo Wire-Free, Pro, Pro 2, Q, Q Plus, Go, Baby

1080p (Rolling 7 days)

No

No

No

No

Yes

No

No Subscription – Arlo Ultra and Pro 3

Unlimited

NA

No

No

No

No

(Standard notifications)

Yes

No

full page;

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
user2133
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree. just assembled mine, drilled holes in the wall to set it up, then connected the camera to my account to get the same message you did. Irresponsible of Arlo to not make this abundantly clear before setting up. I am annoyed. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation