Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DAdam
Follower
Follower
We received this from my wife’s father for the baby shower yesterday and I wanted to check it before the baby was born to see if it was a good fit. I made my account and proceeded through setup using my iPhone 6, but the monitor will not connect. Once I choose the monitor and confirm the network it tries to join the network , but it will fail and leave a message stating that an expected error occurred and to try again. I’ve tried to work around using the QR code setup . After I get the chime it tries to discover devices and finds none. I’ve tried doing power cycles on the device , resetting the device, power cycling my router and doing all three. I’ve contacted customer support and she wasn’t much help. I’ve tried following advice on other threads ,but nothing works .What else can I do before I send it back?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the phone is on the same networks as the Baby during setup.

To be honest I do all my setting up of arlo product on the web https://arlo.netgear.com

use your account info with a web browser.... it really is so much easier.

Then use the phone to access.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Frustrated13865
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same issue.  I have set up other connected devices without any issue but the Arlo Baby Cam will not connect.  I have tried everything from the forum and customer service without any luck.  I'm starting to think this is a defective product.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Frustrated13865

Did you inform customer service that the Arlo baby does not connect at all? 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Frustrated13865
Aspirant
Aspirant

I returned the unit.  The replacement connected perfectly.  I believe the original unit was defective. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation