Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MikeLay
Follower
Follower
Hi,

Issue started today where I can't select the music icon at all to play music / white noise on the arlo baby. Not sure if this is b/c of the latest update. But very annoying...

I've had the device for 2 yrs. Weve had many many many other issues but first time this has happened...

Advice on how to fix this?
25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MikeLay

Are you still experiencing this issue with your Arlo baby?

nexusbrian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still an issue my wife and I have had for about the last week now. Both on Samsung galaxy s20 phones. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled, tried deleting a few songs, worried about the space on the device and can't turn on or off music still. The button is grayed out, while all other functions are operational.
cdespeaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I are having the same issue -- the music icon is greyed out and can't play anything. New issue as of today.

dude87
Tutor
Tutor
Hello,
It seems to be a problem with Android app since last update... I have the problem with my Andoid but my wife doesn't have the same issue with her iPhone.
Whythedevilnot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue on Android!!! Very annoying, my little girl always go to sleep with the music!! So frustrating that this product has so many software issues on and off!! Just get it right.
Benjiruss
Tutor
Tutor
My partner and I have the same problem with our Arlo baby. Started about a week ago. We are both using Android.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the detailed information. I have provided this info to the Arlo development & I will provide an update as soon as possible.

iemanresu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an answer to this? This is impacting my Pixel 2 and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6. It was intermittent and mainly when on same wifi but is now constantly not available

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the Arlo Baby music icon. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

TigerMum
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been having the same issues over the last week on both of our Android phones.  If he cries during the night I usually change the music and he goes back to sleep, but recently I haven't been able to as the button is intermittently greyed out.  This has resulted in me having to get up for a night feed.  Not happy. Please rectify and update me ASAP Arlo.

Thanks.

Chipz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our Arlo Baby's Music/Sound library is not working on both our Android devices running two different software versions, The music/Sound button in app rarely works and when it does it rarely has any functioning buttons and can not play or even find any stored/recorded sounds.
Please fix Arlo/Netgear as this is killing both me and my partner at night not being able to activate music remotely at night for our crying baby.
Leiafirefly
Aspirant
Aspirant
My husband and I have been having the same issue with the greyed out music icon for over a week now. Both of us have samsung galaxy phones. Hoping for a resolution soon as babe sleeps so well with the constant music. Hopefully we dont have to buy new phones.
dude87
Tutor
Tutor
I think you can use the web portal https://my.arlo.com to play music until the android app problem will be resolved
LukaS85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Baby Music list keeps disappearing all the time every day, every night... Every time before I put my baby to sleep, first I need EVERY DAY to manually download each and same song EVERY DAY + 6 of 7 days when I turn on the app I can't turn on the music except If I go directly to the baby room and click on a camera to turn on the music.

Your product is f***** trash,  It keeps disconnecting all the time, I can't play music playlist over Android, it's so frustrating, what a waste of money...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

As a workaround while this issue is being addressed, there are two options you may try. You can switch your mobile device from a 5g network to a 2.4g network if applicable. Alternatively, switching to Mobile Data should work as well & the music icon should now be available. 

Benjiruss
Tutor
Tutor
I've tried turning the music on and off over my mobile network and it still doesn't work.
RosaryT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but switching to 2.4G wifi did not work. What did work for my husband & I was the other recommendation: to access from a desktop/laptop. Like the other users who have commented, for the last couple of weeks, we have the same issues w/music icon greyed out. We both have Android phones. Hope this is resolved asap.
Jadamiak
Initiate
Initiate
Recently applied the update to my arlo baby monitor. Have a super long delay now, I cant use the music button half the time and picture takes me 2 to 3 times of closing the app and reopening the app to pixelated properly. We just update our internet to the fast package a week ago, so I do not believe it is that.
What is going on? Anyone experiencing the same thing?
Joemcmartin
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is still an issue. It sucks. The music option not working made me cry tonight out of frustration.
cdespeaux
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah... I ended up switching to my Google Home for white noise. Might just return the camera; good thing I bought it at Costco.
Benjiruss
Tutor
Tutor
It's crazy it has been broken now for weeks. I might see if I can return mine too. It's really not good enough.
RosaryT
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Joemcmartin: the workaround suggested by moderator, ShayneS, of "logging into your Arlo account on a laptop or desktop" worked for my husband & I. Hope the laptop option works for you and that this mobile app issue is fixed asap!
LucB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really hate this app, it just sux and you always make these kind of ups all the time. As others have said, when my kid starts crying we use the music feature and than he can go back to sleep. Now I have to go into the room to turn it on. This is just unacceptable! Fix it now!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LucB

Can you download the lates Android Arlo app version 2.17 and test the music icon again. 

Thank you