Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I cant remotely turn on my Arlo Baby

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ctine
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does Arlo Baby have to be plugged in all the time for it to be remotely turned on? It works when its plugged in and when I unplugged it, running through battery then turn it off, I cant turn it back on, its says its disconnected.
4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ctine

Just to be clear, you have tried this over wifi and mobile data? It is not turning back on when you are remote from your phone?

ctine
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there yes, I tried this over our wifi and I cant remotely turn it on when its not plugged in.

Also, when I plugged it in, Its working Im connected able to stream etc. then I unplug it to move the arlo baby to another room. The moment I stop the stream from my phone, the Arlo baby turns off and I cant turn it on remotely. It also happens when I turn the lights off then the infrared lights activate on Arlo Baby on battery, it turns off as its not plugged in to power source. Is this all normal? So does it have to be plugged in all the time? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a rechargeable battery
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ctine

This is not normal behavior and I was not able to replicate the issue. I would suggest contacting customer support at the following link: Arlo Tech Support 

ctine
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation