Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit old Arlo Baby

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Carcept
Follower
Follower

I will buy the original Arlo Baby that’s now in stores. Is this one in the future also supported for HomeKit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby firmware supporting Homekit is now available. Check the firmware on your Arlo baby to make sure it is on the latest version: Firmware Release Notes and be sure to download the latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Carcept,

Yes, there will be a firmware release for all Arlo Baby cameras allowing for homekit support.

JamesC

tkg61
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a release date for this update?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tkg61,

This firmware should be available soon. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

kghost78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any plans to extend this to the other Arlo products?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kghost78,

If you would like to see this feature add to other Arlo products in the future, consider voicing your support and add kudos to the following thread in the Arlo Idea Exchange: Apple Home Kit

JamesC

Robbenisland
Initiate
Initiate

Any news on when Homekit becomes available? I bought the Arlo Baby due to Homekit and switched over from the Nokia camera. 

Vodder
Aspirant
Aspirant

James - any news on this firmware update? Are we talking days, weeks, months? I bought the Arlo Baby last night having read multiple websites saying HomeKit support was available NOW. But looking at your website saying the new model is "coming soon" and comments in the forums saying the same, am I right in thinking that both the new model and the firmware is in fact not available?

This thing will be going back to Amazon on the weekend unforuntately as I'm in no rush to buy it if it does not have HomeKit integration (plus it would appear I can pick it up £130(!!) cheaper next time I'm in the US).

If the firmware is imminent though I will be more than happy to hang with it as first impressions are pretty good. Hopefully you can delievr some good news! Thanks

sagesofrpg
Star
Star

Hello there! I am also interested in support for Homekit and an ETA of release. Please keep us all up to date on this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've requested an update on this release. I will post again when I have more information.

JamesC

sagesofrpg
Star
Star

@JamesC thank you. I reached out to phone support and was escalated to a supervisor. They confirmed no support for smarthings, IFTTT, and Homekit at this time for Arlo baby. They suggested that it would be coming in a firmware update. They also added my name to a list for "field testing" firmware.

tkg61
Initiate
Initiate
Got an update today from the App Store for HomeKit being added to Arlo baby! Finally!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby firmware supporting Homekit is now available. Check the firmware on your Arlo baby to make sure it is on the latest version: Firmware Release Notes and be sure to download the latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app from the app store.

JamesC

Vodder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome!!! Thanks both for the update. And to think I was going to return it tomorrow when I’m back home... happy I don’t have to! Happy days 🙂
Baden
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo baby's firmware needs to be updated and it is failing every time. I have tried restarting and reinstalling the arlo baby but now it won't even do that. It is not a Wi-Fi issue as all my other devices are working fine. Since the firmware update (which isn't uploading) has been offered I do not have a baby monitor. I'm not happy about paying good money for something that doesn't work nor has a monitor (over a year since advertised). What are hounding about the firmware issue?
Baden
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been unable to reinstall/add device since the firmware has been released. The advice I was given was to reinstall the camera. I now do not have a baby monitor. This needs to be fixed immediately.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baden,

If you have removed the device from your account, you'll need to click "Add Device" on the main screen and select "Arlo Baby". Follow the on-screen instructions to add the camera back to the account.

The firmware should automatically install. After adding the device back to your account, are you still experiencing an issue with the firmware update?

JamesC

Vodder
Aspirant
Aspirant
All is working my end, updated app all good, setup Homekit and everything worked first time. Firmware was already at latest version too 🙂
Vodder
Aspirant
Aspirant
If it did update the firmware as part of the app upgrade, it didn't tell me
Baden
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried that and it is not even connecting to my Wi-Fi. Nothing but issues since the upgrade. I have restarted the device. Removed device and now I can't reinstall/add device.
Baden
Aspirant
Aspirant
James here is the issue. My Wi-Fi is working fine. I have laptops, phones, tv and 2 arlo cameras working just fine off it. The only thing that isn't working is the arlo baby. I can only pit this down to the firmware update. We have now not had a monitor for 9hrs. I have tried all your solutions on several occasions, including resetting the camera. Nothing is working. Please do not respond with the same answer as you have been.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baden,

I've only made one response so far. This is a public thread so you may have seen other users responding as well.

You indicated that you attempted to reinstall the Arlo Baby. If by reinstall you mean you removed the device from your account, you may need to perform a manual factory reset and then add the device back to your account as I described in my original post. When doing so, be sure the device you're using to add the Arlo Baby is connected to the same network as the camera.

If you're still experiencing an issue, please send me a private message and I will assist in getting you in contact with Arlo Support.

JamesC

Baden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James. My arlo baby still has not worked since update. I have once again tried your solution to no avail. It just will not connect to the Wi-Fi. This is becoming a real issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baden,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation