Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
the_ark
Aspirant
Aspirant

In homekit on iOS 12 I have my Arlo baby setup. I have my Arlo baby set as a favorite accessory but only shows up as “favorite camera” in the “home” of HomeKit.  Due to this I can not see the Arlo in control center on the lock screen. 

Also, Siri will not recognize my Arlo baby as a connected device. 

Any my help will do!

thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those discussing this, are you still seeing this issue after the most recent Arlo Baby firmware release: Arlo Baby - 1.8.6.2_22781 - 6th December 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @the_ark,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are having. We've opened and escalated a ticket for the engineering team to check. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

the_ark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, look forward to a response.

Millicent_Dad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. It was this way before and after the update to iOS 12. Also, are the sensor functions of the Arlo Baby monitor supposed to be recognized by HomeKit?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Millicent_Dad,

Could you clarify about if the sensor functions of the Arlo Baby is supposed to be recognized by HomeKit?

Millicent_Dad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m referring to the temperature, humidity, and air quality sensors. There are many sensor products out there that integrate with HomeKit. I am wondering if these sensors on the Arlo Baby are supposed to be visible in HomeKit as well.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Those functions do not show on HomeKit but only through the Arlo app. However, you can suggest the idea through the Arlo Idea Exchange board 🙂

the_ark
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I have my Arlo Baby, latest version of app and latest version of iOS. Running an Apple TV 3. I’m wondering how do I get Siri to work so I can ask to see my cameras video feed?
the_ark
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ha this been looked at yet? How do I get Siri to recognize my Arlo Baby?
Millicent_Dad
Aspirant
Aspirant
As of a week ago, Siri would not recognize the Arlo Baby camera. I also had been experiencing periods where the camera was unavailable for an hour or more with a frequency of at least once every three days. Finally, a little over a week ago, the Arlo Baby camera just stopped working altogether. No indicator lights would come on. A hard reset could not be performed. It would not show up on the iPad app, iPhone app, or the web interface. Arlo support was contacted and concluded the same, a hardware failure. Eventually, they offered to replace it, but we declined given all the connectivity issues we had been having with it. They would not provide us with a refund, but thankfully Amazon did, albeit it was a partial refund owing to a restocking fee.

This forum is full of reports from dissatisfied customers regarding the connectivity deficiencies of this product, and these date back at least nine months. Firmware and app updates have not fixed the issue yet. It was too disheartening and frustrating for us to continue to hope that Arlo would remedy the problem. We have since moved on to another brand of web-connected camera and are quite happy with it so far. Zero issues with it in one week compared to the dozen or so we had with our first week with the Arlo baby camera.
GSB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I answered having the same issue with HomeKit not recognizing the Arlo Baby as a device when using Siri or Control Center. The device does appear in the Home app, although not recognized as indicated above.

Thank you
CBANKSRN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any resolution or update to this matter? I, too, am running IOS 12 and can clearly see Arlo Baby as my "Favorite Cameras" but Siri fails to recognize it as a connected device. 

Me: "Hey Siri show me the Baby Room" 

Siri: "I don't see anything connected in your home. I can help once you've set something up in the Home App."

Model: ABC1000

Firmware: 1.8.5.3_21226

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those discussing this, are you still seeing this issue after the most recent Arlo Baby firmware release: Arlo Baby - 1.8.6.2_22781 - 6th December 2018

JamesC

CBANKSRN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Works great for me! Thanks!!!
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation